Hair fall can be disheartening for anyone, but it’s not an uncommon problem. You’re not alone; there’s help to combat hair loss using natural remedies in the comfort of your home.
You can now prepare a homemade hair oil to control hair fall and improve hair health.
The Importance of Hair Fall Control
Hair loss is normal if it’s just a few strands a day. But when it crosses that, and you lose chunks of hair, lose hair in a certain pattern or abruptly, shed hair everywhere around your house, and hair fall doesn’t seem to abate, it’s time to look into it.
Unchecked hair loss can lead to permanent hair loss or balding, which could be due to an underlying health condition or due to stress or other factors, including certain medical conditions or treatments, certain medications, etc. Unchecked hair loss also means stunted hair growth and mounting stress and emotional issues.
Besides, hair is our crowning glory, and any issue that means hair is not up to mark reflects our confidence levels. So, it’s important to check persisting hair fall and improve hair growth if hair loss has no underlying cause.
Benefits of Homemade Hair Fall Control Oil
Many are going the DIY route to combat different hair and scalp issues. Homemade hair oils combat hair loss, improve hair growth, and offer many benefits.
You can prepare homemade hair oils using natural ingredients that are chemical-free. Your homemade hair oil will be free from harmful or damaging ingredients and chemicals.
Homemade hair oils are affordable and cheaper than commercial alternatives. You can customize your homemade hair oil to suit your preferences and requirements better.
Understanding Hair Fall
Every day, we lose a few strands of hair, and that’s absolutely normal. Depending on the individual, it can be anywhere from 50 to 100 strands daily.
However, it’s time to pay attention if your hair loss crosses that. Also, it’s time to pay attention if you’re losing chunks of hair, losing hair in a pattern, or unevenly, if your hairline is receding.
Hair fall can be due to various reasons. It’s important to identify the causative factor to address the root cause of the issue. Let’s take a look at the most common causative factors.
- Improper diet or lifestyle habits
- Certain health conditions, treatments, or medications
- Major surgery or illness
- Severe infection
Key Ingredients for DIY Hair Fall Control Oil
There are many ingredients to choose from when dealing with hair loss and improve hair growth when checking for home remedies. The most common ingredients used to combat hair loss include:
- Coconut Oil – One of the mainstay ingredients in hair growth oils, it’s a nourishing and strengthening oil.
- Almond Oil – Rich in vitamin E, it’s also light and used to promote hair growth, curb hair fall, and strengthen weak hair.
- Argan Oil – Light and nourishing, argan oil is gaining popularity as one of the best hair care aids for healthy hair growth, combating hair fall, frizz, and tangles, and improving overall hair health.
- Olive Oil – Richly moisturizing, conditioning, repairs damaged hair and restores hair health.
- Castor Oil – One of the best oils to add to your hair oil to improve hair growth, regrowth, and thickening hair or adding volume.
- Rosemary Oil – Rosemary herb-infused oil has been used to promote healthy hair growth for ages.
- Indian Gooseberry – Indian Gooseberry is a mainstay in Ayurvedic recipes for hair growth.
- Hibiscus – Both hibiscus leaves and flowers are used to improve hair growth.
- Jojoba Oil – Resembles our skin’s sebum and is readily absorbed by our body. It is suitable for all hair types, stimulates hair follicles, and reduces hair fall.
- Peppermint & Thyme Essential Oils – Both oils stimulate circulation to the scalp, enabling faster hair growth.
Step-by-Step DIY Hair Fall Control Oil Recipe
Let’s take a look at homemade hair oil recipes that not only combat hair loss but also promote hair growth and hair regrowth.
Vegan Hibiscus Oil
Don’t leave it be if you can get your hands on Hibiscus. It’s one of the best ingredients when preparing your homemade hair oil. It will combat hair loss, promote hair growth, and improve hair health.
- Coconut Oil – 1 Cup
- Hibiscus Leaves and Flowers – 1 Handful
- Add a cup of coconut oil to a heavy-bottomed pan – preferably an iron pan.
- Make sure the heat is at the lowest setting.
- Slightly crush the leaves and flowers in your hands and add them to the pan.
- You can remove the oil from the heat once the moisture fully leaves and the spluttering stops.
- By this time, the oil color should have changed, too.
- Once the oil cools down, transfer to a sterilized and dry mason jar.
How to Use it?
- Take enough quantity with a dry spoon and massage your scalp with the oil.
- Apply the oil with your fingertips, gently massaging as you go.
- Apply the rest of your hair all the way to the tips.
- You can apply this right after air drying your hair and as needed.
- This diy hair growth oil is a leave-in and can be used twice or thrice weekly.
- You can add other nourishing ingredients that promote hair growth, combat hair loss, and improve hair and scalp health, like aloe vera, fenugreek seeds, black seeds, false daisy, Indian gooseberry, water hyssop, etc.
- You can also add essential oils to the recipe for added aroma.
- You can add rosemary essential oil for hair growth.
- You can add lavender essential oil for added aroma and healthy hair and scalp.
Vegan Onion Oil
Onion is gaining popularity not only for hair growth but also for hair regrowth. It is also said to curb and reverse premature aging and improve hair growth rate.
- Shallots – a handful
- Coconut Oil – 1 Cup
- Black Seeds – 2 Tbsps.
- In a mortar and pestle, mash the black seeds slightly and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same mortar and pestle, slightly mash the shallots and set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, preferably iron, add the coconut oil and heat it.
- Make sure to keep your stove in a simmer.
- Add in the mashed shallots.
- Continue heating on low flame till the moisture fully evaporates, and the spluttering stops.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in the mashed black seeds and let it cool down.
- Once it cools down, transfer it to a sterilized mason jar.
How to Use it?
- You can apply this to air-dried hair and use it at least twice a week.
- You can reapply as needed.
- Take enough quantity of the homemade hair oil in your palm and use your fingertips to apply this to your scalp.
- Gently massage your way through your scalp and apply the rest on your hair all the way to the tips.
- You can also add other ingredients that promote hair growth or combat hair fall.
- You can also add infused herbal hair oils to this recipe.
- You can add a few drops of essential oils to this recipe.
- Adding ingredients like hibiscus, false daisy, water hyssop, Indian gooseberry, fenugreek, rosemary oil, etc., can all promote hair growth.
- This recipe can also use other carrier oils instead of coconut oil.
- Use natural ingredients that are organic.
- Check the labels and ensure the ingredients are within their use-by date.
- Avoid any ingredients you’re allergic or sensitive to.
- Always do a patch test to test for allergies.
Additional Hair Care Tips
- Reduce using heat for drying your hair and air dry it instead. When you’re strapped for time, use the cool settings to prevent heat damage.
- Reduce or avoid styling and heat treatments.
- Don’t overwash your hair. A good hair routine includes washing your hair twice or thrice a week – depending on your requirements.
- Don’t rub your hair while drying – gently pat dry with your towel.
- Don’t comb or style your hair when wet – you lose more hair that way since your hair is the most vulnerable and prone to breakage when wet.
- Finish off with neutral cold water rinse – this removes any residue common with hard water and also seals the open cuticles if you use hot water to shower.
- Choose hair care products according to your hair and scalp type for best results.
- Don’t overuse hair products; they can clog your pores and cause issues, including stunted hair growth.
Before opting for commercial solutions, try these natural homemade hair oil recipes to see if they help with your hair issues. Let us know how you like these recipes and how they work for you.
As always, feel free to tweak the recipe to suit your requirements and preferences better. Don’t have time or inclination for DIY recipes?
We have you covered with a broad range of premium vegan hair care cosmetics from Vitamins Revive. Check out their online store to learn more about their products.
Have any questions, concerns, requests, or feedback? Feel free to write back to us. We love hearing from you, and don’t forget to share the tweaks and how these recipes work out for you.